Below is a list of current positions we have available. If you are interested in any positions and meet the Requirements, please Apply here. To be added to our email list, please email email@example.com.
#179 P | Shadyside
- Start Date: August/September 2017
- Hours: Approx 50 hours a week Mon – Fri between the hours of 7 am to 6pm. Family is open to hiring 2 nannies if 50 hours is too many for one nanny.
- Pay: $18/hour – $20/hour
- Ages of child: 4 years and 1 year
- Responsibilities: A friendly, outgoing family is moving to Pittsburgh from DC. Their four year old will be attending school this fall, so the nanny’s primarily responsibility will be the one year old. They’d love to find a nanny who is warm, nurturing, and very engaged with their children. Family prefers a nanny with a car, however, for the right candidate, they would consider purchasing a nanny car if she fit everything else there were seeking. A nanny’s love for the city of Pittsburgh is required – they’d love to find a nanny who knew the area’s story times, children’s activities and fun excursions well enough to be proactive in planning the day’s activities. A nanny who is excited to walk, use public transit, and open to driving occasionally is a must. Family will be renting in the near future, however always wants to stay in an urban area of the city. The top priority of the position is children, yet they would expect the nanny to be proactive in looking for ways to help while children are sleeping (laundry, dishwasher, and tidying up the house). Family plans to hire a house cleaner and possibly a chef. Family is open to a nanny of all ages. Most important, they want to find a nanny who has a sincere love for their children, a heart to guide children in their development, and build a long term relationship with their family. We have not met this family in person yet, but really enjoyed our phone call with them. They are easy going, fun, and have a great sense of humor. Paid vacations, paid holidays, paid sick days, and mileage reimbursement offered.
#178 P | Wexford
- Start Date: August 2017
- Hours: Mon – Thurs (7:30 am to 6pm), Fri (7:30 am to 4pm). From Jan – 1st week in March Saturday hours available from 9 am to 4 pm. Family is open to having 2 nannies to cover the hours
- Pay: $18/hour – $20/hour
- Ages of child: 5 years and 1 year
- Responsibilities: We placed a nanny with this family 5 years ago. She is sadly moving, so the family would love to find another long term, FT replacement. The family would love to find a nanny who can help them for at least one year, but hopefully who can stay longer. Their 5 year old will be attending morning kindergarten this fall. They would love to find a career nanny who helps create mini lessons for their children, completes creative crafts, bakes cookies, They’d love to find a nanny who can take command of situations and maintain the respect of children. They’ve found nannies who are in their 20’s and 30’s have worked best for their family in the past. They provide IRS mileage reimbursement and want to find a nanny who enjoys taking their children on fun excursions. They have appreciated their current nanny’s help with unloading the dishwasher, children’s laundry, children’s cooking, general help with clean up of children’s messes, and occasional errands. The family does not have any pets.
#177 P | Canonsburg
- Start Date: August 2017
- Hours: Afternoon/Evening Hours, occasional overnights
- Pay: $17/hour – $20/hour
- Ages of child: 2 children, school age
- Responsibilities: More info coming soon
#176 P | McCandless/Wexford Area
- Start Date: July 2017
- Hours: 8 am – 6 pm
- Pay: $17/hour – $20/hour, 50 hours a week, OT pay, Family is willing to consider $50-55k/year
- Ages of child: 12, 9 and 5 years
- Responsibilities: A fun, active family is seeking a full-time nanny/house hold manager to add to their busy team. Family has an in ground pool, so a nanny who is comfortable swimming is a must. Family is seeking a nanny who has experience with boys, experience with multiple kids, and a nanny who likes dogs. They have a one year old dog who enjoys a daily walk. Ideally, they’d love to find a nanny who is young, energetic, easy going, and mature. Their youngest will be attending preschool four mornings a week this fall. During these hours, the nanny helps with laundry, grocery shopping and errands. This is a very long term position as both parents work long hours and they could use help for many years. They’re seeking Pittsburgh’s best nanny and willing to pay competitively to find a fabulous caretaker for their children.
#175 P | Cranberry Township
- Start Date: Summer or early fall 2017
- Hours: 8 am – 5:30pm, nanny picks any 3 weekdays
- Pay: $17/hour
- Ages of child: Toddler and preschool
- Responsibilities: A very sweet family living in Cranberry is seeking a long term, part-time nanny. The family is considering a move closer to the Wexford area in the next year or so. The parents schedule can be flexible. They are seeking a nanny who can care for their children any 3 week days from 8am-5:30pm. They’d love to find a nanny who is extremely reliable, punctual, and who has a really special bond with their children. Their oldest attends morning preschool. They are open to the nanny taking their child on fun excursions to the park and library. They’d love to find someone to co-parent with them the next few years.
#174 P | Regent Square
- Start Date: Last week of September
- Hours: Mon – Fri approx 8 am – 6pm, although most weeks nanny will work 4-4.5 days each week.
- Pay: $18/hour, guarantee 140 hours every 4 weeks (although nanny typically works about 110 hours every 4 weeks). Typically family takes about one week of vacation. Nanny will receive approximately $32 – 33k a year and only working about 27 hours a week. Nanny will receive 6 weeks of paid vacation. If the nanny ever works above 40 hours a week, she will be paid time and a half for any overtime hours.
- Ages of child: 3 year old and newborn baby
- Responsibilities: An extremely genuine, down to earth family is seeking an amazing nanny to care for their newborn baby. Their 3 year old son will be attending FT preschool, but will occasionally be home with the nanny and the baby on his days off of school. The primary responsibility of the nanny will be caring for the new baby.
#171 P | Highland Park
- Start Date: Mid – June, however willing to wait for the right individual
- Hours: Guarantee 30 hours a week, however additional hours available when parents are on-call, overnight shifts, and potential holidays. Most weeks will be closer to 35 hours.
- Pay: $18-20/hour
- Ages of child: 2 years
- Responsibilities: Two physicians in Highland Park are seeking a long term nanny to become a part of their team. They’d love to find a nanny who loves to be on the go. Ideally, they’d love to find a nanny with many years of childcare experience who has a lot of energy. A nanny who is social, dependable, mature, wise, engaging, and open minded is a perfect fit for their family. They are currently searching for a long term home. The family is very open to having a live-in nanny after they find a home with a nanny suite/apartment. This is the type of family that nannies dream of working for: realistic expectations, freedom to plan the day’s schedules (including passes to all of Pittsburgh’s children’s attractions, flexibility for the nanny to run light errands for herself during work hours, and a very personable family to have as an employer. They want to offer a work environment that will make the nanny excited to come to work each day. Family has one friendly dog that is very low maintenance for the nanny. Parents require flexibility from the nanny, yet schedules remain fairly consistent from week to week. The family regularly gives the nanny her schedule a month in advance. Family is willing to discuss with the nanny a plan that works best for the nanny for income. They’re willing to guarantee 30-35, possibly even up to 40 hours/week. If the nanny chooses less hours guaranteed each week, family would pay $50 flat rate even if nanny is not called in and $100/overnight. Family provides a comfy bed in the living room of their beautiful loft apartment. Great family who is looking for an extremely professional nanny who goes above and beyond. Paid vacations and paid holidays. Family is open to hiring a PT nanny — their current nanny is available Mon nights, 2 Sunday’s a month, and has some daytime availability too.
- Sunday – on call 3x’s month either day time or overnight
- Monday – 6:30am – 4pm or on-call overnight 3x’s month
- Tuesday – 6:30am – 2 or 4 pm
- Wednesday – Can be very flexible for nanny’s schedule, but typically noon to 5 or full day if nanny prefers to have Friday’s off
- Thursday – Noon to 7
- Friday – Typically noon to 5
- Saturday – Nanny is off